Sunday, May 28, 2006

Fast Draft, Day 14 - The End

Well I finally made it. I slapped together four more pages tonight before saying goodbye to my Fast Draft project. Actually it's not goodbye, it's more like you'll be next in line honey as soon as I'm finished with my first book, which is hopefully soon.

I am so glad I went through the Fast Draft process. I've picked up some good writing habits, and if I'm smart I'll keep these habits for the rest of my writing career - which might be short lived if I don't get paid soon.

So what I've learned is:

1) I won't die if I check my email only twice a day
2) I won't suffer too much if I only check the LHOP and DQ forums during lunchtime
3) I can actually set writing goals for myself...and meet them almost consistently
4) I really like blogging and I'll do more of it in the near future
5) I am a writer because I love it more and more each day

I guess I can get back in touch with my friends now, and unlock the coat closet so the kids can crawl out of the place they've called home for the past two weeks. I'm kidding about that last one. If I had locked them in the closet I would have gotten more Fast Draft pages done.

Signing off. I hope you're enjoying the weekend!

Cheryl

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Cheryl, you made it through and survived. Glad to hear that you have gotten yourself into a rythm, hope you can keep going with your book and whatever writing assingments come your way.
Keep in touch Diva. You are awesome!
Marilyn

8:53 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Thanks Marilyn. Your support has been awesome. I've taken a few moments to continue my last LHOP fan fic so maybe it will be posted some time this week, but the book comes first.

I'm going to email some of the women I met at the conference last weekend. Hopefully I can help raise awareness of the early warning signs of ovarian cancer with the research I've done.

Thanks again.

Cheryl

7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are welcome my friend.
Don't forget to post the Diva pic of Lorrie at the Dean's site.

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home