Friday, October 19, 2007

Time to unwind

I think I have finally unwound from all the excitement of participating in the Muse Online Writers Conference. This was my second year, and because last year I felt I should have taken more workshops, this year I took 34 of them, plus 3 live chats. I missed 2 of the chats because of the kids--my youngest fractured her arm falling backwards out of a swing. But such is the life of a working mom. You make plans and sometimes they change quickly. The whole week was a blur of writing exercises, discussions on different aspects of the craft of writing, volunteering at church, and trying to find time to make real food for the family to eat so that I didn't feel guilty over my excessive amount of computer time.

I won't bore you with the details of all the great stuff I learned, but I am more committed than ever to my writing career. I've been making some changes in my life to carve out a bit more writing time. While I enjoy interviewing authors and writing book reviews, I will scale back a bit on this next year so that I can concentrate on my two works in progress and the edits to the manuscript I finished last August with my sister. My articles for Writer2Writer will continue on a monthly basis, and I aim to find more markets willing to accept my articles.

In the last quarter of this year, I want to put into practice the ideas and work ethics that will carry me into a productive 2008. I know if I keep all the information I learned at the Muse Online Writers Conference close by my side, I will meet my goals.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home