Thursday, October 25, 2007

Practicing What I Preach

I specialize in time management and organizational tips for writers. I've always been good at both, so it was a no brainer for me to start writing articles about these topics. Overcommitment is my issue. My schedule is packed to the max, where I only get about four hours of sleep a night, and yet, I am still committing to help out with any church or school event that comes up.

Well, my time at the Muse Online Writers Conference helped with that. I want my writing time back. I don't want my two partial manuscripts to languish away for years on the corner of my filing cabinet, serving as a coaster. I don't want all the ideas flowing through my mind to never be written.

So, I am practicing what I preach to everyone. An important aspect of time management is assessing your daily routines and finding areas where time is wasted. While I don't consider volunteering a waste of time, it does interfere with my writing, and therefore, I must cut back on it. I've also begun making other changes in my schedule to steal back some of my lost writing time.

With a firm commitment to my career and lots of support from you, I know I'll succeed.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Gladen said...

Cheryl,

How true that is!I've consciously made my decision to devote more time to my writing about a year ago. Even now, it's still hard because I have three children. It's nice to know we're all in this together!

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home