Saturday, August 25, 2007

Sloppy writing

Ever have one of those days when sloppy writing just irks you? Today is one of those days for me. Must be the heat because everything is getting under my skin.

The continuing story of Jessica and Nash (can't stand this guy) on One Life to Live has taken another turn. Antonio (Jessica's ex-husband) has requested that Nash buy out his share of the vineyard--the business that Nash and Antonio went into together. But Nash doesn't have the money. Antonio has given him a short time to raise it before he sells his shares to the highest bidder. Feel the pressure here?

Pressed for cash and running out of time, Nash hears about this high stakes poker game going on after hours at Roxy's saloon. Big wheelers are coming in from Atlantic City to play.

Here is where it gets sloppy: two people show up at the saloon. Only two people. So, if Nash hadn't weaseled his way into the game these two people would have squared off against each other? And I am supposed to believe this is a high stakes poker game.

Please don't insult me. If you want me to believe this is an important game, then at least have more than two high stakes gamblers show up to play against the show's regular.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Lynn said...

I watch One Life to Live and saw the game. The lack of players didn''t occurto me, but you are right. I guess I am use to soaps being shhort on such things

1:27 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Hey Lynn,

It's great to hear from you again. Such is the life of a writer to notice such things. This one didn't bother me half as much as when they managed to find 3 possible liver donors for Jessica all in one town. LOL!

Cheryl

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home