Friday, November 09, 2007

Have you ever taken two girls shopping?

Don't do it! I'm telling you that you'll regret it. I took my two daughters to the mall today to pick out new shoes and dresses for the holidays. Now, keep in mind that these beauties are only six and four. The oldest tried on half a dozen pairs of shoes before finally settling on a pair she deemed worthy to grace her feet, and the youngest tried on fifteen pairs in three different sizes before she found the one she liked.

Then we lugged coats, their blankets that go everywhere with them, and the shoes, with us to the other end of the mall to try on several dresses. The little one likes to have her clothes laid out on the bed to choose from each morning, so I repeated this event at the store, draping six dresses over a clothing rack for her to make her selection. And the other daughter only found five dresses she fell in love with at $50 each. We whittled that down to three, which we went to the fitting room to try on. Not to be outdone, the little one wanted to try on her dress too, and she almost changed her mind about buying the one she tried on.

After four hours and several frustrating moments, we finally headed home. If they are like this now, what in the heck will they be like in 10 years? God help me!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Lynn said...

I can definitly picture this. I also have two girls that are now 28 and 31, but I remember. I am afraid soon enough they won't want Mom along. LOL

6:03 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

You're so right, Lynn. That's why you have to take advantage of it when you have it. But man, after leaving the mall I wanted to run screaming for my life. LOL!

Cheryl

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home