Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Getting Back on Topic

When I first started this blog, I had a very different idea of what it should be about than what it has evolved into. I wanted to be able to share with my readers what it was like to be a wife, mother, and aspiring author. What the challenges were, share the things that worked and the things that didn't work out too well, and make it a place where people could learn more about my journey towards publication.

Well, I've gotten more than a little off-topic. I've dedicated more time to the writing of others, than to myself. I have no regrets. I've meet a lot of wonderful people and read lots of great books. Many of these people have become good friends.

While I was vacationing on the Outer Banks of North Carolina this year, I had an epiphany--why not have two blogs (one for author interviews and book reviews and the other one more personal).

So, that's what I've done. I am going to refocus this blog to be about my adventures as a wife, mother, and aspiring author. I'll share more personal stories, talk about my writing career and how I balance--or don't balance--my career and my family life.

A few weeks back, The Book Connection was born. This is my new blog for author interviews and book reviews. I have taken all the inteviews and book reviews from this blog and added them there. As of tomorrow, new author interviews and reviews will begin appearing at The Book Connection.

Follow me over to The Book Connection where I will connect readers and writers. Here's the link: http://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/

Cheryl

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger MML said...

I'm confused. You're still posting interviews here too?

8:00 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Not really. The reason a few interviews have been posted here are because the promotional company that I booked these authors through had a list on their website stating their interviews would appear at this blog. So, to make it easier on everyone, I am posting the few remaining July interviews here and at my new blog.

As of August 1st, all author interviews will appear at The Book Connection. If writers like Karina want to be interviewed specifically about what it is like to juggle the roles of family life and a writing career they will appear here, but other than that, all interviews and book reviews will be at the new blog.

Does that make sense?

Cheryl

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home