Friday, December 01, 2006

Bye, bye NaNo. See you next year.

Well NaNo is officially over. There were over 12,900 winners. I was not one of them, but I am still thrilled at what I did. The NaNo site posted the official word count for 2006 at 982,495,939. Wow! That's a lot of words. I checked out some of the word counts for the winners and was surprised to see how many surpassed the 50K goal by another 50K.

As for me, I pounded out 15,181 words, and I am darn proud. I think it took me over eight years to get the same amout written for my first novel. And I am still excited about what I will do with this novel over the next few months. My plan is to finish it by December 31. A lofty goal with Christmas coming, but I figure if they can hold NaNo during the month of Thanksgiving and Black Friday, then I can try to complete my novel during the busiest time of year.

My first attempt at NaNo turned out to be a great experience and I can't wait until next year. I think I'll start planning now.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home